Organic Chemistry Section
Department of Inorganic and Organic Chemistry
Present research areas
- New metal-catalyzed C–H activation reactions
for the construction of heterocycles.
- Synthesis of 1,3-dicarbonyl ligands for
complexation with lanthanides. Applications in quantum computing.
Organic chemistry of biological systems
- Harmful Ostreopsis blooms in the NW
Mediterranean: evaluation of the potential health risks
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of new
drugs with anorexic, antidiabetic and antitumoral activity.
- Solid-phase synthesis of bioactive peptides
with chelating properties.
Industrial preparation of drugs
- Development of new synthetic processes for the
industrial production of drugs.